Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher - Potomac
Company: Georgetown Hill Early School
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Description:Georgetown Hill Early School is a non-profit school
serving Maryland families' preschool, elementary, and child care
needs since 1980 . In the last 40 years we have grown from one
location in Potomac to 12 campuses in Montgomery, Prince George's,
and Frederick counties.
At Georgetown Hill, we take pride in meeting the individual needs
of our students and fostering the independence of each child in a
family-like environment of trust and warmth. Similarly, we enjoy
providing our educators with the space to utilize our proven PLAN
curriculum while exploring their own creativity in the classroom.
We invite you to join our growing community of teachers and hope
that you'll find a rewarding and fulfilling career at our
We are looking for Assistant Teachers to join our Infants program
or Toddlers program at our Potomac Village campus - right in the
heart of Potomac! This position may be full or part time and the
hours are M-F 9am - 6pm or M-F 12pm - 6pm.
Applicants should be able to start work by January 2022!
The essential functions of this job include but are not limited
- Supervision of infant/toddler children to assure the health,
welfare, and safety of all students
- Providing for the educational needs and interests of
infant/toddler children using a creative and age-appropriate
- Supporting the physical, socio-emotional, and developmental
needs of each child in the classroom
- Regular, predictable attendance and punctuality
- Adhering to all health and safety standards and protocols as
part of COVID prevention
- Demonstrating effective communication skills and positive
interpersonal relations with children, families, colleagues, and
- Supporting the infant/toddler classroom in a way that fosters a
consistent, safe, and positive learning environment for all
students and staffFor a complete job description, feel free to
In general, you would be a great fit at Georgetown Hill if you are:
- Nurturing. We're looking for people who can create a caring
classroom community that will cultivate a climate of healthy and
- Reliable. We take punctuality and attendance seriously at
Georgetown Hill. So if you are a chronically late person, this may
not be the best place for you.
- Happy to be part of a team. We prize collaboration over
competition and we hire folks who are positive and productive
coworkers, supervisors, and employees.
- Discreet and trustworthy. Our parents trust us with their
children and we must be able to trust our staff entirely.
- Personable. A warm, friendly, and cool-tempered demeanor is
essential to work here. And smiles. We love smiles.
- Genuinely interested in education. If you are passionate about
kids, we'll be passionate about you.
Why work at Georgetown Hill? In addition to competitive pay and a
stellar work environment, employees at Georgetown Hill receive the
- Insurance benefits. Our full time employees are eligible for
employer-subsidized medical coverage in addition to dental, vision,
short term disability, term life, and flexible spending
- 401(k) with match. We want our employees to feel ready for a
well-earned retirement. So when you enroll in our 401k plan and
start saving, you'll earn up to 4% annual employer match. That's
- Paid sick leave. We know that peace of mind is just as
important as rest when you're under the weather. So all employees
accrue sick leave that keeps you covered when you need to be out -
for your own health or that of a family member.
- Paid personal leave. We believe a healthy work-life balance is
the key to happy employees - you should have fun outside the
classroom too! Our full time and part time employees accrue paid
personal leave that you can use for vacation, personal days, or
just some "me" time.
- Paid training days & professional development. Learning is one
of the key components of our curriculum and it doesn't just apply
to students! We are committed to supporting each employee's goals
for professional growth - through both planned training days and a
financial assistance program for additional certification and
- Paid holidays. Full and part time employees enjoy some paid
holidays each year including Thanksgiving, New Years, Memorial Day,
and Labor Day!
- Referral programs. When you refer a new family or a new staff
member to us, we want to say thanks! How does a $500 bonus
- Free caffeine (decaf available). Our kids are energetic and
active! If you need a little boost of energy to get your day
started or to keep you going, each campus has a Keurig and pods in
stock - coffee, tea, hot chocolate... whatever floats your boat,
just ask!PM21. Requirements:The requirements for this position are
- Applicants should hold the MSDE 45hr infant/toddler
certification at a minimum.
- At least one years' experience in a school setting
- Proficient technological skills to utilize various productivity
tools (i.e. Outlook email, Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS, internet
use, timekeeping systems, ProCare Engage)
- Understanding of the principles of child development and
teaching methods preferred
- Knowledge of MSDE regulations preferred
- Possess a personal demeanor that is warm, friendly, and
- Extremely reliable in attendance and punctuality
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize and
- Must be team-oriented and willing to work with others
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills,
including grammar and reading skills
Keywords: Georgetown Hill Early School, Potomac , Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher - Potomac, Education / Teaching , Potomac, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!