Structural Engineer - Project Manager, New Design
Company: SK&A Structural Engineers
Posted on: June 22, 2022
DescriptionPosition: Project Manager (PM)Location: Potomac, MD
or Washington, DCType: Full-Time, Regular, ExemptWhen you join the
SK&A team, you'll immediately be part of something bigger, part
of a workforce that is continually transforming the region through
a broad variety of unique and significant projects. You'll be part
of giving back to the community through programs like athletic
games with JDRF, building gingerbread structures in Gingertown, and
run/walkathons to support St. Jude's. You'll be connected with your
coworkers in a "work hard, play hard" environment that enjoys
frequent social gatherings from "Ice Cream Fridays" and holiday
parties to game nights and company picnics. You'll be supported in
your career growth with our mentorship and professional development
programs. In short, you'll be a vital, valued member of a company
determined to equip you for growth and success.SK&A is seeking
personable, team-focused, highly motivated, organized and results
driven Project Manager to join our award-winning structural design
team. The ideal candidate should have considerable experience with
a variety of structural systems and market sectors including design
of conventionally reinforced and post-tensioned concrete, steel
structural systems and stick-built wood bearing wall construction
experience (cold formed steel construction is a plus) for
multi-family, mixed-use, commercial, institutional, hospitality and
industrial facilities. Existing building adaptive reuse and
renovation project experience is a plus.Primary
- Collaboration with internal staff, design team members, and
owners, providing effective problem solving and solutions as needed
to deliver the client's vision, meeting budget and schedule.
- Effective personal time management and organizational skills as
well as a good sense of task prioritization to achieve short- and
- Prepare project specifications.
- Lead, manage, and coordinate the structural team on commercial,
institutional, multi-family residential and mixed-use bildings,
utilizing a variety of structural systems including concrete,
structural steel, wood, and cold-formed metal.
- Oversee and contribute to the preparation of analysis and
design calculations, and structural drawings on assigned
- Direct the development, coordination, and quality control of
- Manage and contribute to the Construction Administration (CA)
phase services including shop drawing reviews, response to requests
for information, periodic construction site observation, and
occasional specialized structural inspections.
- Effective delegation to, and direction, of project engineers,
technicians, and administrative staff.
- Quality Control reviews to ensure projects are complete,
coordinated, and adhere to firm standards and level of
- Project financial success, including efficient utilization of
staff and resources.Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Architectural Engineering, with
structural concentration. Master's degree with emphasis in
Structural Engineering preferred.
- 6+ years of consulting structural engineering experience.
- Ability to obtain PE licensure within 6-months. Active PE
License in candidate's residing state preferred.
- SE Licensure a plus.
- Forward looking, proactive planner with proven ability to
effectively manage multiple project assignments.
- Strong leadership abilities, including a commitment to training
and mentoring of others.
- Willingness to adapt to the firm operational and technical
standards and policies.
- Proven ability to build relationships with clients, co-workers,
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with project construction document quality
- Good understanding of the architectural design process.
- Experience with ETABS, RAM Concept, RAM Structural Systems, and
Revit preferred.CompensationCommensurate with
experience.BenefitsCompetitive benefits package, including 100%
paid health coverage for employees, professional development
allowance, profit sharing, flexible remote work, paid parental
leave, and bi-annual bonuses.About SK&ASK&A is the largest
single discipline consulting structural engineering firm in the
region, with offices in Potomac, Maryland and Washington, DC. Our
team provides a full spectrum of structural engineering services
for public and private sector clients with a strong focus on
proactive client service and sustainability. Our services include
analysis and design of new buildings, renovation and repair of
existing structures, and specialized services such as dynamic
analysis for wind and seismic design as well as security and force
protection issues, building envelope consulting and
waterproofing.SK&A's extensive award-winning portfolio is
comprised of projects within urban environments ranging from
multi-story commercial, office, and mixed-use buildings to
institutional, academic, retail, healthcare, and government
facilities. Celebrating our 62nd Anniversary in 2022, our
organization has a long reputation for success and is proud to be
an integral part of some of the region's largest and most notable
commercial development projects. We pride ourselves on our
reputation for creative problem solving, and our long-term client
relationships, built on an understanding of, and total commitment
to achieving, our clients' goals and vision.ApplicationPlease apply
via our website at www.skaengineers.com/careers to the Project
Manager, New Design opening located in Potomac, MD or Washington,
DC.SK&A is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: SK&A Structural Engineers, Potomac , Structural Engineer - Project Manager, New Design, Engineering , Potomac, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!