Director of Dining Services (Potomac, MD)
Company: Meriwether Godsey, Inc.
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Director of Dining Services
responsible for leading and managing the food production program as
well as special events at an independent, co-ed college preparatory
school located in Potomac, MD. Our ideal candidate has strong
culinary and management skills, a vision for excellence, a creative
mind, as well as a passion, and demonstrated commitment to
promoting diversity. What you will do:
- Support account activities to ensure operations run smoothly
and efficiently and reflect the MG brand.
- Support account-based financial planning, budget/cost analysis,
and reporting to set, monitor, and achieve operating and financial
- Lead by example; engaging and developing direct reports and
team members through ongoing support, monitoring, coaching, and
- Lead teams in preparing meals while embracing fresh, local,
scratch; support and/or manage menu development, purchasing, and
production, incorporating the latest trends and practices
- Support high-end catering, including booking, planning,
execution, and communication.
- Foster an inclusive environment for all staff and guests;
maintain effective client and customer-centric relationships.
- Maintain HACCP standards and a healthy environment for clients,
customers, and employees.
- Support personnel-related functions, including recruitment,
interviewing, hiring, growth and development of team members, and
performance monitoring. What you need:
- Bachelor's Degree or ten years of related experience
- 5+ Years' experience in Contract Food Service Operation,
High-End Catering Management, and Campus Dining experience, College
Campus Dining Management a plus
- Participative management style and excellent leadership
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Account and Project Management Skills
- Knowledge of food safety (HACCP), sanitation, and overall
workplace safety standards.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while
fostering strong client and customer relationships.
- ServSafe - Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
- Application and promotion of current food trends
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices
- May be required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
Exemptions available upon request What you will get:
- Competitive Pay, Meals, Leadership Support & Development and
Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more! Meriwether
Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career
advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and
high-energy. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate
about what they do. Interested in learning more? Visit our Enjoy a
people and food-focused environment where you have the opportunity
to make a difference every day and advance your career. Help
Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the Greater
DC market!We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a
policy of non-discrimination in employment in any basis including
race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup,
national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses
protected by federal, state, and local law. PI186385852
Keywords: Meriwether Godsey, Inc., Potomac , Director of Dining Services (Potomac, MD), Executive , Potomac, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!