Structural Engineer - Project Manager, New Design
Company: SK&A Structural Engineers
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Position: Project Manager (PM)
Location: Potomac, MD or Washington, DC
Type: Full-Time, Regular, Exempt
When you join the SK&A team, you'll immediately be part of
something bigger, part of a workforce that is continually
transforming the region through a broad variety of unique and
significant projects. You'll be part of giving back to the
community through programs like athletic games with JDRF, building
gingerbread structures in Gingertown, and run/walkathons to support
St. Jude's. You'll be connected with your coworkers in a "work
hard, play hard" environment that enjoys frequent social gatherings
from "Ice Cream Fridays" and holiday parties to game nights and
company picnics. You'll be supported in your career growth with our
mentorship and professional development programs. In short, you'll
be a vital, valued member of a company determined to equip you for
growth and success.
SK&A is seeking personable, team-focused, highly motivated,
organized and results driven Project Manager to join our
award-winning structural design team. The ideal candidate should
have considerable experience with a variety of structural systems
and market sectors including design of conventionally reinforced
and post-tensioned concrete, steel structural systems and
stick-built wood bearing wall construction experience (cold formed
steel construction is a plus) for multi-family, mixed-use,
commercial, institutional, hospitality and industrial facilities.
Existing building adaptive reuse and renovation project experience
is a plus.
- Collaboration with internal staff, design team members, and
owners, providing effective problem solving and solutions as needed
to deliver the client's vision, meeting budget and schedule.
- Effective personal time management and organizational skills as
well as a good sense of task prioritization to achieve short- and
- Prepare project specifications.
- Lead, manage, and coordinate the structural team on commercial,
institutional, multi-family residential and mixed-use bildings,
utilizing a variety of structural systems including concrete,
structural steel, wood, and cold-formed metal.
- Oversee and contribute to the preparation of analysis and
design calculations, and structural drawings on assigned
- Direct the development, coordination, and quality control of
- Manage and contribute to the Construction Administration (CA)
phase services including shop drawing reviews, response to requests
for information, periodic construction site observation, and
occasional specialized structural inspections.
- Effective delegation to, and direction, of project engineers,
technicians, and administrative staff.
- Quality Control reviews to ensure projects are complete,
coordinated, and adhere to firm standards and level of
- Project financial success, including efficient utilization of
staff and resources.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Architectural Engineering, with
structural concentration. Master's degree with emphasis in
Structural Engineering preferred.
- 6+ years of consulting structural engineering experience.
- Ability to obtain PE licensure within 6-months. Active PE
License in candidate's residing state preferred.
- SE Licensure a plus.
- Forward looking, proactive planner with proven ability to
effectively manage multiple project assignments.
- Strong leadership abilities, including a commitment to training
and mentoring of others.
- Willingness to adapt to the firm operational and technical
standards and policies.
- Proven ability to build relationships with clients, co-workers,
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with project construction document quality
- Good understanding of the architectural design process.
- Experience with ETABS, RAM Concept, RAM Structural Systems, and
Commensurate with experience.
Competitive benefits package, including 100% paid health coverage
for employees, professional development allowance, profit sharing,
flexible remote work, paid parental leave, and bi-annual
SK&A is the largest single discipline consulting structural
engineering firm in the region, with offices in Potomac, Maryland
and Washington, DC. Our team provides a full spectrum of structural
engineering services for public and private sector clients with a
strong focus on proactive client service and sustainability. Our
services include analysis and design of new buildings, renovation
and repair of existing structures, and specialized services such as
dynamic analysis for wind and seismic design as well as security
and force protection issues, building envelope consulting and
SK&A's extensive award-winning portfolio is comprised of
projects within urban environments ranging from multi-story
commercial, office, and mixed-use buildings to institutional,
academic, retail, healthcare, and government facilities.
Celebrating our 62nd Anniversary in 2022, our organization has a
long reputation for success and is proud to be an integral part of
some of the region's largest and most notable commercial
development projects. We pride ourselves on our reputation for
creative problem solving, and our long-term client relationships,
built on an understanding of, and total commitment to achieving,
our clients' goals and vision.
Please apply via our website at www.skaengineers.com/careers to the
Project Manager, New Design opening located in Potomac, MD or
SK&A is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: SK&A Structural Engineers, Potomac , Structural Engineer - Project Manager, New Design, Executive , Potomac, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!