Lab Administrative Support Specialist
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Description Job Description:Looking for an opportunity to make
an impact?Leidos is seeking a Lab Administration Specialist to join
our Saxton Lab Team!Our team operates FHWAs Saxton Transportation
Operations Laboratory (STOL), a USDOT research lab focused on the
improvement of transportation operations, safety, mobility, and
environmental impacts. As the Lab Administration Specialist, you
will be a key part to the business operations and R&D program
activities of the Leidos team focused on connected vehicle
research. At the Saxton Transportation Operations Lab located just
outside DC, we advance connected and automated vehicle technologies
for the FHWA by developing, testing, and demonstrating new
capabilities associated with vehicle-to-vehicle and
vehicle-to-infrastructure communication. Our ideal teammate is
motivated by variety, efficiency, self- teaching, and taking
ownership of problems until their resolution.If this sounds like
the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!In this
role, you will support the organization in a variety of dayto-day
operations and administrative tasks. You will collaborate with both
program/project managers and engineers to anticipate administrative
and business process conflicts, and work to resolve them in real
time. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is seeking a
front row seat to a fast-paced research environment and wants to
grow their office/administrative skills. The ideal candidate is
well organized, detailed, and has a passion for technology and
smart solutions. A strong candidate will have a background in an
administrative role that demonstrates ability to see connections
across topic areas as well as have the ability to generate formal
output based on bullet points or in collaboration with topic area
experts.Location: McLean, VA 5 days a weekPrimary Job
- Efficiently execute advanced administrative tasks in an on-site
customer Research and Development (R&D) Lab and office
- Procurement of goods and services to support the lab and
- Coordinate improvements to and maintenance of the office
environment and testbed facilities.
- Support the Communications and Marketing team with data
collection and presentation support.
- Support a variety of technical projects.
- Coordination of archival records (e.g., past deliverables,
calendars, schedules, etc.)
- Handle email and telephone correspondence in a professional
- Manage and maintain documents within Leidos SharePoint and team
- Track and report program activities to multiple audiences
(public, internal management, etc)
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature while also
developing business solutions to improve efficiency and
- Must be willing to learn technical topics, and work in a
Technical Research environment.
- Other duties as assigned.Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree with 2 years of experience in an office
environment, or High School diploma with 4 years of progressively
challenging office experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and
- Experience with SharePoint or other similar cloud-based team
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Valid drivers license and ability to pass DMV background
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.Key Attributes:
- Enjoys multi-tasking, diverse work, and quick completion.
- Ability to support lab manager in maintaining clean equipment
- Ability to see connections among disparate information sources,
manage interdependencies, and foresee and mitigate potential issues
and scheduling conflicts.
- Desire to learn and grow, and an ability to self-teach with
minimal guidance as well as own functional areas and lead tasks and
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to effectively
manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and changes.Extra
Consideration given for:
- Prior experience in government contracting.
- Passion for science and technology.
- Prior experience supporting and working on Proposal teams.
- Familiarity with business development operations.
- Advanced MS Office utilities and computer skills such as VBA
CodingPay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00The
Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand
not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors
considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos, Potomac , Lab Administrative Support Specialist, Healthcare , Potomac, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!