Clinical RN - Gastroenterology, On Call, Falls Church MOB
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Job Summary: To coordinate and monitor care of patients in the
assigned clinical area.Essential Responsibilities:
- Administers all oral and injecting medications in the assigned
clinical area. Ensures narcotics and drug supplies are available in
the assigned clinical area and assures the proper security of all
narcotics and controlled substances according to KP standards and
applicable regulatory laws. Initiates and monitors IV therapy to
therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Provides ongoing assurance of functional emergency equipment
and adequate emergency drug supplies. Responds to emergency
situations throughout medical facility. Documents emergency
situation to supervisor.
- Coordinates, implements, and evaluates patient teaching plans
for areas of diabetes mellitus, hypertension, anticoagulant
therapy, therapeutic diet instruction, weight control, and other
areas as designated.
- Sets-up, performs, and/or assists with procedures as
- Coordinates recovery care of patients post sedation. Ensures
safety measures are instituted for all compromised patients
- Triages walk-in patients as needed or assigned.
- Manages the workflow of the delivery sysem such as assisting
team members on identifying the best methods for care system.
- Acts as a resource person to LPNs and Clinic Assistants.
- Acts as patient advocate and resolves problem within HCT.
Brings unresolved issues to Clinical Coordinators attention if
unresolved within the team.
- Partner with physician to assist with coordination of care
through message management. Provide phone triage, care advice,
schedule appointments as needed, assists with patient
- Performs other related duties as directed.Basic
- Minimum one (1) year of current experience HMO or ambulatory
setting OR completion of an Ambulatory Care RN Transition to
Practice Residency Program within the past 12 months is
- Experience in IV Therapy is required.Education
- N/ALicense, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Registered Nurse License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire AND
Registered Nurse License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire - - - -
- Compact License: Registered Nurse within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia) within 6 months
- Basic Life Support -Additional Requirements:
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- B.S.N is preferred.Notes:
- May be required to cross train and travel to different
facilitiesPrimaryLocation : Virginia,Falls Church,Falls Church
Medical CenterHoursPerWeek : 1Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed,
Thu, FriWorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 04:30 PMJob
Schedule : Call-in/On-CallJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : M38-UFCW-Local 400Job
Level : Individual ContributorJob Category : Nursing Licensed &
Nurse PractitionersDepartment : Falls Church Medical Center -
Gastroenterology - 1808Travel : Yes, 25 % of the TimeKaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, Potomac , Clinical RN - Gastroenterology, On Call, Falls Church MOB, Healthcare , Potomac, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...