Senior Business Banker - Howard County, MD
Company: Capital One
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America,
Senior Business Banker - Howard County, MD
Do you have a passion for providing stellar, personalized service
to each and every customer you serve? If you want to play a crucial
role in meeting the needs of Capital One's customers, then we have
the role for you! The Banker role is ideal for those who have an
entrepreneurial mindset and the desire to "manage" your own
territory with built-in team support. Capital One offers the
resources of a large bank with a local family bank feel. In this
role, you will cultivate new relationships and maintain strong
associations with business clients. You will be responsible for
driving sales results, while providing superior onsite services,
advice and subject matter expertise to your clientele.
Capital One has a distinct competitive advantage from being a
relatively young bank that can move quickly and challenge the
status quo. We're creative and innovative, not stuck in a rut from
decades of doing things the same old way. Bankers have an
extraordinary opportunity to help shape the future of a company
that is challenging its competitors and moving strategically toward
industry leadership. Our flexibility has positioned us as the
challenger in the market, and we are poised for tremendous growth.
All of these factors have come together at the perfect time to
create an unprecedented opportunity for Bankers to develop untapped
business among Capital One customers.
The Banker is a member of a relationship management team that is
responsible for building relationships with businesses and/or high
net worth individuals within an assigned region/community. The
roles responsibility includes managing and cross-selling a client
portfolio comprised of treasury management and/or credit clients
with a focus on deepening relationships and generating additional
revenue from existing clients. In addition to being the primary
point of contact and key financial advisor for the client, the
Banker is also accountable for developing new business. The Banker
develops, markets and administers, demand and time deposits,
existing loans and cross sells related banking accounts and
services. The Banker should possess the ability to develop
relationships with the appropriate decision makers within the
clients or prospects company. The Banker should be capable of
organizing, leading and negotiating with a team of Bank Associates
in order to provide solutions to client issues.
* Develops and maintains the company's relationships with
contacts/customers to maintain and expand business.
* Maintains a regular calling program on customers and prospects in
order to generate high quality new deposit and loan business from
existing clients in order to achieve or exceed specific production
* Meets with existing customers and prospects through personal
calling efforts and other contacts to discuss business needs and
recommend ways in which the bank can help provide business
solutions to all of their financial needs.
* Assists in planning the portfolio growth through the development
of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and
consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management
* Responsible for expanding their prospect and COI base by
consistently networking in the community.
* Responsible for the sale and administration of all banking
services to include deposits, loans, investments, trust, etc. to
businesses and/or individuals within the assigned region.
* Coordinates with various divisions and departments (Trust,
Branches, Operations, etc.) in the servicing of routine
transactions and in solving the special customers.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitors products and
pricing in the market served.
* Responsible for the proper pre-qualification, structuring,
pricing, and exception-free closing on all loans in their assigned
* Reviews demand deposit profitability analysis and outlines
strategies to bring unprofitable accounts back to profitable
* Evaluates risk and compensating demand deposit balances of each
loan in order to properly price loan to meet profitability
* Works with borrowing customers to procure updated financial
information on an ongoing basis.
* Communicates lending decisions to customer.
* Follows up on loan exceptions to insure timely clearing. Controls
volume of exceptions.
* Serves as a representative in various civic and community
functions to further enhance its image and develop additional
* High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
* At least 2 years of Business Banking experience
* 5 years of Business Banking experience
* Formal Credit Training
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for
employment authorization for this position.
Keywords: Capital One, Potomac , Senior Business Banker - Howard County, MD, Other , Potomac, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!