At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one
of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail
customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of
companies that strives for the highest standards of power
generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team
of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to
design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also
dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through
competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations,
evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated
systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the
planning, design, licensing, construction, commissioning,
operation, and maintenance of Exelon's electric generation,
transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication
facilities/systems. Provides analytical support and consultation
and recommendations to the Company within and to other business
units and/or customers as a result of studying company or
customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or
facilities. Reviews financial data for budget and actual costs of
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x
7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leads and performs engineering assignments associated with
critical engineering projects or a number of small projects with
many complex features require extensive company experience that may
include leading employees or contractors in the commissioning of
electrical systems and equipment to be placed On System.
- Performs assignments in areas where engineering precedents are
incomplete, lacking or require broad experience.
- Evaluates, develops and implements projects that have
significant financial and operational impact.
- May serve as an expert for organization in a specific area or
responsibility that may include the delivery of classroom
instruction/training and/or OJT/OJE.
- Performs assignments while acting independently, and may lead
- Provides recommendations and implements action plans to improve
performance and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees
to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of
- Provides technical assistance in support of others.
- Influence decisions that have a significant impact on the
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work
environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Develops and reviews distribution material, engineering, and
- Leads failure analysis investigations on distribution system
components to determine root cause of failures.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field (non-engineer) or
equivalent relevant education/experience AND 6 or more years of
field experience in engineering, construction, or applicable
utility experience Ability to analyze and interpret electrical and
mechanical systems. Knowledge and ability to apply problem-solving
- Knowledge of construction, operations or engineering principles
- Knowledge of complex field test equipment.
- Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides,
standards, codes, methods, and practices necessary to perform
routine assignments for a specific discipline installations, or
- Clearly demonstrated team leadership abilities on critical
EQUIVALENT RELEVANT EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree in a technical field AND 8 or more years of
field experience in engineering, construction or applicable utility
- Non-degreed or non-technical degree - equivalent relevant
education AND 8 or more years relevant utility experience
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and
employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster