Posted on: June 5, 2021
A reputable heavy civil construction company is seeking a
motivated Estimator with experience to add to
their always growing team. The Estimator
interfaces with clients and their representatives to ensure that
technical specifications and designs are feasible and consistent
with industry standards.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Estimators are responsible for developing accurate and complete
- The Estimator identifies project labor, material, and time
requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, written
specifications and related documents.
- Conducts site visits and attend pre-bid meetings to understand
the project scope.
- Conducts review and take-off of blueprints.
- Solicits bids from subcontractors.
- Gathers subcontractor pricing and conducts scope review.
- Evaluate subcontractor bids to bid documents and plans to
ensure that the full scope of work was considered.
- Calculates costs of subcontract labor, general conditions, and
- Collaborates with the client to help them achieve their project
cost budget through consideration of plan details, alternate
material/finishes and building methods.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience estimating
- DOT, bridge, and/or heavy highway construction experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or equivalent
combination of education/experience
- Experience in Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development,
and Construction document budgets and estimates
- Estimating software knowledge preferred to include HCSS Heavy
Please contact me today for more information about the
position! Angella.Jensen@gogpac.com or
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without
regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other
status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search
firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple
industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are
extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is
in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right
Keywords: GPAC, Potomac , Estimator, Other , Potomac, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!