Company: INDUS Technology, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Title: Warehouse Specialist
Job Requisition Number: 20210209M6
Work Location (City, St where job will be
performed): Potomac/Carderock, MD / Naval Surface Warfare
Center (NSWC) Carderock Division
Employment Type: Full-time
Pay Type: SCA/Hourly
Security Clearance: SECRET
Travel Required: Yes
The Warehouse Specialist performs a variety of warehousing duties
that require an understanding of the establishment's storage
- Verify materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents,
noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages, routing
materials to prescribed storage locations
- Store, stack, or palletize materials IAW prescribed storage
methods, rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials,
examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage,
removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing
Mandatory Skill Requirements (must have):
- 1 or more year of direct work experience pertaining to
logistics, warehousing, supply chain management or related
- Verify materials against receiving documents, noting and
reporting discrepancies and obvious damage; routing materials to
prescribed storage locations
- Store, stack or palletize materials IAW prescribed storage
methods; rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials
- Examine stored materials and reporting deterioration and
damage; printing Navy ERP labels and applying to material; removing
material from storage and preparing it for shipment, and recording
transactions into Navy ERP.
- Prepare material for local delivery by placing them in shipping
containers, the specific operations performed being dependent upon
the type, size, and number of units to be packed, the type of
container employed, and method of shipment.
- Identify various items of stock in order to verify content;
select appropriate type and size of container; insert items in
container; use excelsior or other material to prevent breakage or
damage; close and seal container; and apply labels or entering
identifying data on container.
- Conduct material inventory count to include identifying
material stock number, part number, quantities, warehouse, and bin
locations; verify physical to recorded locations and stock
- May be required to identify and resolve various storage and
material issues toward development of accurate material stock
- Operate a light truck (Straight truck, less than 1 1/2 tons,
usually 4 wheels), passenger vehicle and manually controlled
forklift to transport goods and materials of all kinds on base and
about a storage facility.
- Obtain necessary MHE and motor vehicle licenses or
certifications with 30 days of start date.
Education/Equivalent: High School Diploma
Special Considerations or Comments: Offer is
contingent upon contract award and funding; LOI is required.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: INDUS Technology, Inc., Potomac , Warehouse Specialist, Other , Potomac, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!