Company: Exelon Corporation
Posted on: January 9, 2021
DescriptionAt Exelon, we've got a place for you!Join the
nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the
largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases
in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that
strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive
energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding
professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership,
innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and
inclusive workforce.Exelon will provide you the tools and resources
you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are
also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through
competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement
benefits.Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking
Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can
truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow.
Energize your career at Exelon!PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITIONPerform
general analysis and prepare reports to support business
operations. Conduct modeling, forecasting, trending, variance
analysis, business case development, and other general financial
and operational analysis. Monitor and coordinate activities to
support operational performance management (e. g. , safety,
reliability, service level, productivity, etc. ).Research and
provide statistical financial and operational information. Track,
maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operations
business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs). Develop
and organize performance reports for both internal and external
use. Contribute to the development of short-term and long-range
business planning. Provide analytical and operational support to
the business unit.Position may be required to work extended hours,
including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery
emergencies.PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support and contribute to the development of short-term and
long-range business planning. Conduct modeling, forecasting,
trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other
financial and operational analysis (e. g. , operational
effectiveness, budget, resource, workload, workforce and capacity
utilization, competitor, etc. ).
- Provide statistical information to ensure the most effective
utilization of personnel, equipment and/or materials for business
- Monitor and coordinate activities to support operational
performance management (e. g. , safety, reliability, service level,
productivity, etc. ).
- Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the
operations business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Perform analysis of the operations cost elements to ensure
effective and efficient operations.
- Prepare and analyze detailed standard and non-standard reports.
- Develop, organize and present detailed performance reports for
both internal and external use.
- Provide analytical and operational support to the business
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering AND 2-5 years
related business experience, or in lieu of Bachelors degree, a
minimum of 6-10 years relevant business experience is required.
- General understanding of applicable standards, methods,
processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance
metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position
(e. g. , asset management, electric or gas operations, customer
service, transmission and substation, distribution system
operations, regulatory and external affairs, transmission
operations and planning).
- General proficiency in standard software applications (e. g. ,
Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized
business technologies and applications (e. g. , workforce
management, project management, PassPort, Brio, CIS, EPS, Business
Objects, SAP planning, business modeling, forecasting, voice
response unit, automatic call distributors, work management, outage
management) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business
- Ability to provide general analysis and apply managerial
accounting concepts, customer intelligence gathering, forecasting,
staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem
solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
- General analytical skills for project evaluation including
analysis of projects with economic, financial, risk and decision
- Experience in business case development and ability to
effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
- Customer driven with good oral and written communications
skills and general analytical, problem solving and project
- General knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles
of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis)
benchmarking and audit compliance.
- Ability to analyze organizational data and problems, interpret
and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement
intervention strategies to attain performance targets.Preferred:
- Bachelors degree and some relevant post-undergraduate
- This is an individual contributor position that woks under
general supervision and frequently performs non-routine work.
- This position is expected to resolve most questions and
problems through interaction with internal and/or external
stakeholders, executives, directors, managers, and staff across the
organization, and refers only the most complex issues to higher
- On occasion, may mentor less experienced colleagues.
- May require working extended hours and/or shift work to support
business operations.Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender,
national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification
protected by federal, state, or local law.VEVRAA Federal
ContractorEEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Potomac , Business Analyst, Professions , Potomac, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!