Lead Electrical System Design Engineer Level 5 (Virtual)
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us. The Boeing Company is seeking a
Lead Electrical System Design Engineer who will provide engineering
support across the Boeing portfolio of products, to include - but
not limited to - Boeing Military Aircraft, Military Derivative
Aircraft (AEW&C, AWACS, C-32/C-40, E-4B, VC-25A, KC-767, B-1B,
B-2, B-52 and others) . This position will be located in Oklahoma
City, OK. Position Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance in the development of cable/wire harness
detail and assembly designs.
- Provides guidance in the development of electrical product
detail, assembly and installation designs.
- Provides direction used by multiple teams to analyze complex
results and performs design reviews.
- Provides guidance in engineering design disposition on
- Defines processes, specifications and procedures that support
the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
- Provides direction used by multiple teams to develop complex
statements of work, metrics, schedules and budgets.
- Directs the technical review of supplier capabilities to
facilitate source selection.
- Directs the development of functional and physical design
requirements to ensure complete integrated design
- Works under consultative direction. This position has been
identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants
to live in Oklahoma City, OK. The selected candidate may be
required to perform occasional work onsite in Oklahoma City, OK.
This position will also be eligible for the OKC 9x80 alternate work
schedule. This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S.
Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S.
Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance
Post-Start is required. Basic Qualifications (Required
- Bachelor s, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or
- 14+ years of related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in cable/wire harness detail and
- At least 25% travel is expected for this position. Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- ABET accreditation
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
Typical Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree typically 14 or
more years' experience in an engineering classification or a
Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' experience in an
engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more
years' experience in an engineering classification Relocation: This
position is virtual and does not offer relocation Drug Free
Workplace: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies. Shift: This position is for 1st
shiftOklahoma Tax Credit:If you have an engineering degree from an
ABET accredited college or university in Oklahoma and are not
currently working in the aerospace sector in Oklahoma, you may
qualify for a $5000 tax credit from the state of Oklahoma for up to
five years. Click here for more information on the tax credit.Equal
Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Potomac , Lead Electrical System Design Engineer Level 5 (Virtual), Professions , Potomac, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!